We know it’s the biggest of the Lower 48. But how big? Texas contains 262,017 square miles of land. The longest point from north to south is 801 miles, and the widest point from east to west is 733 miles.
As the saying goes, “The sun has riz, the sun has set, and we ain’t out of Texas yet.”
- Rick Patrick
So fill up your tank and come with us on a Texas Co-op Power tour that will get you home for supper.
- East Texas: Caddo Lake’s hallowed setting
- North Central Texas: Cowtown’s Stockyards
- Central Texas: Embarrassment of riches
- Texas Coast: Palacios, Aransas Pass and Port Aransas
- South Texas: Seminole Canyon State Park, Del Rio and Laredo
- Panhandle Plains: Music for the soul in Lubbock and environs
- West Texas: Marfa and Big Bend
What are you waiting for? Git goin’! (At least to one of the links above.)