Meters are indispensable when working with electrical systems. Over the years, a wide variety of electrical meters have been developed to assist with monitoring and troubleshooting electrical systems. Metering is a critical component of our comprehensive operations and maintenance program.
Metering for operations, maintenance, energy and resource efficiency refers to the measurement of quantities of energy delivered. For example: kilowatt-hours of electricity, cubic feet of natural gas, pounds of steam and gallons of water. Metering may also involve identifying times of use for the various energy sources, the instantaneous demand for energy, as well as identify energy use for a collection of buildings, individual buildings, rooms or specific equipment (e.g. a boiler, chiller or motor).
Magic Valley is committed to maintaining our meters and power lines up to the point of inner connection. For overhead service, it is normally at the weatherhead, and for underground service, it is at the top side of the meter base.
One of our ongoing programs is the annual maintenance of all the meters in our system. Once a year, you may notice our meter service technician in your driveway. Our meter service technician inspect each meter to ensure that they are operating properly. If a meter isn’t operating within our specifications, then we may have to replace it.
Here are the steps Magic Valley takes to perform meter maintenance:
Meter Service Technician
- Meter service technician need access to member’s property to perform maintenance.
- Meter maintenance hours are Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Meter service technician will inspect, maintain or replace the cooperative’s meter.
- Maintenance takes less then 30 minutes.
- There is NO charge for maintenance to consumers.
- You have the right to ask a meter service technician for an employee I.D. to confirm identity of an authorized MVEC employee.
- You can call Magic Valley at 866-225-5683 to schedule a meter maintenance appointment at your convenience after the meter service technician first attempts to perform maintenance at your home and there was no access to the meter.
- You will receive a letter after the first attempt of meter maintenance at your home was made, and we had no access to the meter.
We have several maintenance programs, from meter maintenance to power line upgrades, to ensure you receive the most reliable energy possible. When we provide these patrols and maintenance programs, it allows us to save money in the long run, which helps keep rates affordable. If at any time you have questions about Magic Valley vehicles in your neighborhood, feel free to call us at 866-225-5683.