Connie Rene Watson | Magic Valley EC
1 box butter pecan cake mix
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 carton coconut pecan frosting
3/4 cup chopped Texas pecans
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
2 3/4 cups powdered sugar (up to 3 3/4 cups for sweeter frosting)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a 12-cup Bundt pan with flour-added baking spray.
- Pour the cake mix into a large bowl. Do not follow the directions on box.
- Add the eggs, oil and 1 cup water to the cake mix and beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add frosting to the batter and beat until evenly mixed. Stir in pecans.
- Pour batter into Bundt pan and bake for 1 hour. Let cool completely.
- To make the frosting, beat the butter and cream cheese together in a mixing bowl until smooth.
- Continue beating mixture, gradually adding about 2 3/4 cups of powdered sugar. Taste test to make sure frosting is sweet enough; for a sweeter frosting, add additional powdered sugar; then add vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Cover cake with frosting. Decorate with chopped nuts or top with pecan halves.
Servings: 12. Serving size: 1 slice. Per serving: 770 calories, 6.80 g protein, 38.93 g fat, 89.75 g carbohydrates, 2.3 g dietary fiber, 445 mg sodium, 66.83 g sugars, 92 mg cholesterol