Georgann Hunt | Pedernales EC
2 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken 2/3 cup salsa
1/3 cup chopped green onion
3/4 to 1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon oregano leaves
1/2 teaspoon salt
8 8-inch flour tortillas
1/4 cup melted butter
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese
Queso, guacamole and/or pico de gallo, optional, for serving
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Mix together chicken, salsa, onion, cumin, oregano and salt.
- Brush one side of a tortilla with melted butter. Spread about 2/3 cup of chicken mixture down the unbuttered side of the tortilla and top with 2 tablespoons of cheese. Fold two sides over the filling and fold ends down. Place seam-side down in a 13-by-9-inch baking dish.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Bake for 13 minutes or until crisp and golden brown.
- Top with queso, guacamole and/or pico de gallo, if desired.
Servings: 8. Serving size: 1 burrito, without toppings. Per serving: 339 calories, 20.4 g protein, 15.7 g fat, 25.5 g carbohydrates, 1.9 g dietary fiber, 635 mg sodium, 1.1 g sugars, 66 mg cholesterol
Cook’s Tip: I boil my chicken in water that has been seasoned with cumin, salt, pepper, garlic and onion. But you can use a roasted chicken from the grocery store deli.