Peggi Tebben | Tri-County EC
If using wooden skewers, be sure to soak them in water before assembling kebabs to prevent them from catching fire while grilling.
4 packages (12 ounces each) kielbasa, cut into bite-size chunks
2 cans (20 ounces each) pineapple chunks, 1/2 cup juice reserved
16 ounces whole button mushrooms, cut in half from top through stem
3 bell peppers, cut into bite-size chunks
2 onions, cut into bite-size chunks
1 cup soy sauce
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon California-style garlic seasoning with parsley
1 teaspoon Montreal steak seasoning
1. Assemble the kebabs by layering sausage, pineapple, mushroom, bell pepper and onion onto barbecue skewers. Repeat, pushing layers tightly together, until skewers are completely full, beginning and ending with sausage.
2. Place kebabs into a large casserole or other dish that allows them to lie flat.
3. Whisk together reserved pineapple juice, soy sauce and brown sugar until sugar is dissolved. Pour over the kebabs and then turn kebabs to coat.
4. Cover and place in the refrigerator overnight, turning kebabs every so often.
5. When ready to cook, prepare grill for cooking over a medium flame. Brush kebabs with excess marinade from the pan, then sprinkle seasonings on both sides.
6. Grill kebabs over indirect heat 10 minutes per side.
Makes 30 kebabs.