2 medium sweet potatoes, diced
2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided use
1/4 teaspoon salt, divided use
1/8 teaspoon paprika
1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas
2 cups packed torn kale
2 tablespoons minced red onion
2 teaspoons Champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon coarse mustard
1 teaspoon honey
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Toss diced sweet potatoes in 1 teaspoon olive oil, then spread on a rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt and paprika. Roast 18 minutes, stirring halfway through.
3. Meanwhile, pour chickpeas into a colander over the sink and let drain. Put the kale into a large bowl and set aside.
4. In a small saucepan, combine red onion, vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, honey, black pepper and remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt, and heat over low. Once warmed, slowly whisk in remaining olive oil until dressing is emulsified. Keep over very low heat until potatoes are done.
5. Pour cooked potatoes on top of kale, then add drained chickpeas. Whisk dressing one more time, then pour over the chickpeas.
6. Stir salad to coat evenly, taking care to not mash the potatoes. Serve once the kale has softened a bit.