1 sheet frozen puff pastry
5 cups sliced fresh strawberries, divided
6 ounces white chocolate, chopped
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup powdered sugar
1/3 cup malted milk powder
2 cups heavy cream, whipped
Strawberry syrup, optional
- Allow puff pastry to thaw at room temperature as directed on the box.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Unfold the puff pastry sheet on a large, flat surface and cut it into nine equal squares. Arrange the squares about an inch apart on an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 11 to 13 minutes or until puffed. Let the squares cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, puree half of the strawberries and set aside.
- Melt the white chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl or in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water. If using a microwave, melt using 50 percent power, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and vanilla together until smooth, then beat in the melted chocolate. Add the powdered sugar and malted milk powder and beat until smooth, then stir in the pureed strawberries. Fold in the whipped cream.
- Split cooled pastry squares in half and lay the bottom halves across the bottom of an ungreased 13-by-9-inch dish, cut side up; spread with 3 1/2 cups of the strawberry cream and scatter about a cup of sliced strawberries over the top. Cap with the pastry tops, cut side down. Spread with remaining strawberry cream and remaining cut strawberries.
- Chill thoroughly for about 3 hours or until ready to serve. To serve, cut in squares and garnish with strawberry syrup, additional strawberries and whipped cream if desired.
Servings: 12. Serving size: 1 square. Per serving: 396 calories, 4.7 g protein, 28.1 g fat, 33.2 g carbohydrates, 1.4 g dietary fiber, 134 mg sodium, 26.1 g sugars, 80 mg cholesterol