1/4 cup frying oil
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 8 thighs)
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup red wine (substitute broth or water)
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning (or 1 teaspoon each of oregano, basil and thyme)
1 can (14.5 ounces) chopped tomatoes
1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
Salt to taste
1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
Cooked pasta or rice to serve
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat for about a minute, then add chicken.
- Fry until done on one side, about 3 minutes, then flip and add garlic. Continue cooking until second side is done.
- Deglaze pan with wine, broth or water. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add seasoning, chopped tomatoes and tomato paste and stir to combine.
- Cover pan with lid and allow to simmer for about 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through (cut into the thickest part of a thigh to ensure doneness). Taste sauce and add salt as desired.
- Top chicken pieces with sun-dried tomatoes. Serve over pasta or rice.
Servings: 4. Serving size: 2 thighs with sauce. Per serving: 330 calories, 19.8 g protein, 16.4 g fat, 21.3 g carbohydrates, 3.5 g dietary fiber, 688 mg sodium, 12.1 g sugars, 68 mg cholesterol
Cook’s Tip: The chicken will cook even more quickly if flattened with a meat mallet or tenderized by a butcher first.