Stephanie Mabry | Pedernales EC
These fragrant cupcakes are Mabry’s take on peaches and cream.
1 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large egg whites
1/4 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
3/4 cup milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Seeds scraped from 1/2 split vanilla bean
1 large peach, peeled, pitted and chopped
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
1 large package (32 ounces) powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tin with 12 cupcake liners.
2. CUPCAKES: In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt butter in the microwave, then whisk in sugar; the mixture will be gritty. Whisk in egg whites, yogurt, milk and vanilla until combined. Split a vanilla bean down the middle lengthwise and scrape seeds from one half into the mixture.
4. Slowly mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients until no lumps remain. The batter will be thick.
5. Divide batter evenly among the cupcake liners. Bake 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely on wire racks.
6. ICING: Purée the peach in a food processor to yield about 1/2 cup purée. With an electric mixer, beat the butter at medium speed until creamy. Gradually add powdered sugar alternating with puréed peach, beating until well-blended after each addition. Frost the cupcakes as desired.
Makes 12 cupcakes.