Being a Member Has Its Advantages
One of HILCO Electric Cooperative’s guiding principles is Concern for Community. Our employees work here, live here and share the same values as you. And like you, we believe that the future of our community lies with our children. In keeping with that belief, HILCO EC annually offers scholarships and other opportunities to qualifying students within its service area.
Through programs like the Government-in-Action Youth Tour, HILCO Scholarship for Excellence, Debbie Cole Trade Scholarship and Texas Rural Electric Women’s Association Scholarship, we cement our commitment to the community and to the future.
TREWA Scholarship (Texas Rural Electric Women’s Association)
- Applicant or applicant’s parent or guardian must be a current member or employee of a Texas electric cooperative and a current member of TREWA.
- Scholarships are awarded to graduating seniors, full-time college students and adults who have been accepted as a full-time student at any accredited college or university or trade, technical or business school.
- 20 scholarships of $1,500 each will be awarded to current TREWA members and their dependents.
- The TREWA Scholarship application and more information can be found at trewa.org/content/scholarships-0.
Debbie Cole Trade Scholarship
- Applicant’s parent or legal guardian must be a current HILCO EC member.
- Scholarships will be awarded to graduating seniors who have been accepted as a full-time student at any accredited junior college or trade or technical school.
- Applicant must be working toward a degree or certificate in a trade field.
- One $1,000 scholarship will be awarded.
- The Debbie Cole Trade Scholarship application and more information can be found at hilco.coop/community-programs.