2 cups flour
¾ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
¼ cup (½ stick) butter, softened, plus more for the pan
1 1/2 cups mashed banana (about 4 bananas)
⅓ cup plain yogurt
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
½ cup chopped pecans
1 tablespoon raw sugar or brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat an 8 1/2-by-4 1/2-inch loaf pan with butter and set aside.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. In a large bowl, beat sugar and butter together until smooth. Mix in mashed banana, eggs, yogurt and vanilla. Add flour mixture to wet ingredients, stirring until just combined.
3. Place chocolate chips in a small bowl and melt in the microwave for 1 minute, then whisk the chocolate smooth. Cool slightly and stir in 1 cup of batter, mixing until no streaks remain.
4. Spoon batters alternately into prepared pan, then swirl with a knife to marble. Top with chopped pecans and sugar.
5. Bake 60–70 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes, then remove from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
Makes 1 loaf (serves 8).