2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
1 1/2 cup chopped carrots (½-inch pieces)
1 cup coarsely chopped onion
1 cup sliced celery
1 cup coarsely chopped red bell pepper
1/2 cup fresh corn
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
7 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth, plus more as needed
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, optional or as needed
2 cups uncooked rotini pasta
2 cups fully cooked, cubed chicken breast
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Toss the rosemary, carrots, onion, celery, bell pepper, corn, olive oil and black pepper together in a bowl.
- Spread on a heavy-duty rimmed baking sheet and bake for about 40 minutes or until vegetables are lightly browned around the edges.
- Combine broth and garlic with 1 cup of water in a large pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Stir in vegetables and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Add more broth as needed, plus salt to taste. Add the pasta and let soup simmer for 10 minutes or until pasta is tender. Add the chicken and heat through.
Servings: 6. Serving size: 1 1/3 cups. Per serving: 452 calories, 24.6 g protein, 8 g fat, 72.8 g carbohydrates, 11.2 g dietary fiber, 818 mg sodium, 5 g sugars, 35 mg cholesterol