Amber Gutschlag | Grayson-Collin EC
Frozen Treats Contest Winner: Buttery pecans, toasted coconut and a drizzle of caramel make this pie irresistible. And as a bonus, the recipe makes two pies! Keep one for yourself and give the other to a friend.
1/4 cup butter or margarine
7 ounces flaked coconut
1/2 cup chopped pecans
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
16 ounces frozen whipped topping, thawed
2 9-inch pastry shells, baked
1 jar (12 ounces) caramel ice cream topping
Pecan halves for garnish
- Melt butter or margarine in a large skillet. Add coconut and pecans and cook until golden, stirring frequently. Set mixture aside and let cool slightly.
- Combine cream cheese and condensed milk, beating at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Fold in whipped topping.
- Layer 1/4 of cream cheese mixture in each pastry shell. Drizzle 1/4 of caramel topping over each pie. Sprinkle 1/4 coconut mixture evenly over each pie.
- Repeat layers with remaining cream cheese mixture, caramel topping and coconut mixture.
- Garnish with pecan halves if desired.
- Cover and freeze pies at least 8 hours. Let frozen pies stand at room temperature 5 minutes before slicing.
Servings: 16. Serving size: 1 slice. Per serving: 592 calories, 6.39 g protein, 38.66 g fat, 53.73 g carbohydrates, 3.73 g dietary fiber, 279 mg sodium, 21.9 g sugars, 31 mg cholesterol