Gail Patterson | Cooke County EC
16 ounces goat cheese, softened
24 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup pesto
3/4 cup julienned, sun-dried tomatoes
3/4 cup dry-roasted peanuts, chopped
- Line a medium bowl with plastic wrap, leaving a bowl’s width of plastic overhanging all around.
- In a separate bowl, mix together goat cheese and cream cheese and divide into thirds. Form one-third into a disk big enough to fit in the bottom of the prepared bowl.
- Spread half of the pesto over the cheese mixture. Scatter half of the tomatoes over the pesto, then half of the peanuts over the tomatoes.
- Form second third of cheese mixture into a disk big enough to completely cover the pesto layer. Repeat pesto, tomato and peanut layering. Form remaining cheese into disk to completely cover pesto layer.
- Fold plastic wrap over the top layer of cheese to cover. Press down, cover with something flat such as a plate and weight the top. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- To unmold, gently peel back the plastic wrap, exposing the goat cheese. Place a serving plate, bottom up, over the top of the bowl, then invert the bowl over the plate.
- Carefully remove the bowl from the cheese mold. Pulling down on plastic while lifting the bowl will help. Carefully pull the plastic off the molded cheese. Wipe any cheese smudges off of the plate. Let cheese sit at room temperature at least 30 minutes before serving. Serve with crackers, baguettes or crostini.
Servings: 40. Serving size: 1 ounce. Per serving: 139 calories, 4.4 g protein, 9.7 g fat, 4.4 g carbohydrates, 0.9 g dietary fiber, 258 mg sodium, 2.6 g sugars, 23 mg cholesterol