4 small boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each or about 1 1/2 pounds total)
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
1/2 teaspoon cumin
16 slices bacon
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- Cut each chicken breast into large, bite-size (about 1-inch) chunks and put them in a 1-gallon zipper bag.
- Stir together oil, lime juice, Sriracha and cumin and pour over the chicken. Let marinate for about an hour.
- Cut each bacon slice into two pieces and drape each piece over and around a chicken cube, securing with a toothpick. Arrange wraps on a flat surface and sprinkle evenly with brown sugar.
- Spray top rack of a broiler pan with high-temperature grilling spray and arrange chicken wraps on top. Adjust the oven rack so that the chicken sits about 6 inches under the broiling element.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-28 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- When chicken is cooked, set oven to broil and broil for about 3 to 6 minutes, watching carefully all the while, until sugar starts to brown and edges of bacon are crisp.
Servings: 16. Serving size: 2 pieces. Per serving: 127 calories, 12 g protein, 5.5 g fat, 5.2 g carbohydrates, trace dietary fiber, 265 mg sodium, 4.9 g sugars, 35 mg cholesterol
- For a lighter version, try turkey bacon.
- For crispier bacon, use precooked bacon.