Dena Zizzo | Bluebonnet EC
1 1/2-inch-thick rib-eye steak
Salt and pepper
1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick), divided use
4 sprigs fresh thyme, tied in a bundle with cooking twine
2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
4 ounces sliced mushrooms
1 small onion, thinly sliced
1/2 cup dry red wine, plus more as needed
1. Season the steak on both sides with salt and pepper. Melt half the butter in a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Place steak in pan and cook on one side for 4 minutes.
2. Add the remaining butter and the bundle of thyme. Turn the steak over and cook another 4 minutes, spooning the melted butter on top of the steak as it cooks. Turn the steak again and spoon the butter on top for one more minute.
3. Remove steak from pan and set on serving platter. Sprinkle the blue cheese on top of the steak.
4. Remove the thyme bundle from the pan and add the mushrooms and onion. Cook 3–4 minutes until soft. Add the wine and cook another 2 minutes.
5. Slice the steak. Pour the mushroom mixture over the steak and serve.
Servings: 2. Serving size: 1/2 steak. Per serving: 402 calories, 9.24 g protein, 29.53 g fat, 12.98 g carbohydrates, 3.58 g dietary fiber, 552 mg sodium, 4.18 g sugars, 82 mg cholesterol