Happy Valentine’s Day, members of Trinity Valley Electric Cooperative!
As we celebrate love this month, I want to tell you about some of the reasons to love your electric cooperative.
1. We’re member owned. That means you, the consumer, are an owner of this business. And as a member-owner, you have a say in how the organization operates, can run for the board of directors and are eligible to receive capital credits when the co-op retires them.
2. We’re local. You don’t have to call a faraway customer service representative to receive help. When you call us, you call our office right here in Kaufman, Athens, Gun Barrel City or Wills Point. You might even speak with someone you know because we employ people who live right here.
3. We have a strong foundation. We have been providing affordable, reliable electric service since our founding in 1938. We formed with a mission of serving our rural area with a commodity that would ensure we could keep up with our urban neighbors. How we deliver service might look a little different today, but we still aim to improve the quality of our members’ lives.
4. We provide energy-saving tips. We routinely help you save money by offering tips and information on how to reduce your electricity consumption. You can find articles about energy conservation in Texas Co-op Power and on the magazine’s website, our website and social media.
5. We support our community. Our employees volunteer for meaningful causes around town.
6. We’re innovative. We consistently implement new technologies and tools to ensure that we provide electric service in the most efficient and cost-effective way.
Thanks for being part of the electric cooperative family. We hope that as a member-owner you feel the love from TVEC.