It is tough to believe but Christmas is just around the corner. As you begin shopping for and preparing your Thanksgiving meal, Christmas is next on the list.
To celebrate this holiday season, we have two contests: our Deck the Halls contest and the Thankful Giving contest. We had great participation in both of these last year and look forward to more great entries this year.
This year has flown by, just like many of the others. It has been filled with ups and downs, but I have found focusing on the good makes the bad not seem as bad. The Thankful Giving contest is a good reminder of that: When you look around your community, what organizations do you see making a difference and being part of the change? Show them some appreciation by nominating them and let us thank them with a $500 donation.
Deck the Halls is another contest that will move us all into the Christmas spirit, even if we are having trouble getting there this year. Maybe you are the type of person that decorates for Christmas before Thanksgiving, maybe you wait until the day after your Thanksgiving meal, or maybe you believe in not putting up a single thing until the first of December. Maybe you choose not to decorate at all and to use your holiday time for other projects. Whatever you choose to do, I hope this season finds you in a joyful spirit.
For both holiday contests, watch our social media pages—Facebook, Twitter and Instagram—to see who wins.
Thankful Giving – $500 Donation
Is there an organization in your area that is doing great work and making a difference? Nominate them for the Thankful Giving donation of $500.
- Organizations must offer services or perform work in one of the 17 counties served by the cooperative.
- Nominations can be submitted by anyone who lives in Medina EC’s service area.
- One nomination per person.
- Nonprofits are eligible, as are schools, hospitals and other community service organizations.
- Nominations will require a short write-up telling us about the organization and why they could use the donation.
Entries will be accepted November 1–December 1. Submit your nomination using the form at MedinaEC.org/Thankful-Giving. The donation will be made in December.
Deck the Halls – $250 Prize
For a chance at a $250 first-place prize or a $150 second-place prize, Medina EC members should submit a photo of their properties decorated in lights, garland, candy canes, wreaths or any other festive decorations.
- Only Medina EC members are eligible to enter. One entry per membership.
- Decorations must be done at the property where your Medina EC account is located.
- Lights may be on your home, Christmas tree, fence line, business, water well or any other creative display on your property.
- Medina EC encourages energy efficiency—use LED lights and timers to schedule limited lighting use.
- Entries must include member/account number, account address and mailing address.
- All photos become property of Medina EC and can be reprinted without payment.