Mary Allen | Pedernales EC
1 cup peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
7 ounces sweetened condensed milk
1 deep-dish prepared pie crust, baked golden brown
1 1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
3 egg yolks
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup sugar
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
16 ounces nondairy whipped topping
- In a mixing bowl, mix peanut butter and condensed milk until smooth. Spread in pie crust.
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar, flour, cocoa powder, salt and just enough water to make a paste.
- In another saucepan, combine butter and 2 cups water and bring to a boil.
- Beat egg yolks in a separate bowl and add to sugar mixture. Mix well. While mixing, slowly add hot butter/water mixture to sugar mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thick. Remove from heat. Add vanilla and mix well.
- Pour over peanut butter mixture in pie crust. Let cool completely.
- Topping: Beat the sugar and cream cheese until smooth. Fold in the whipped topping. Cover pie with topping.
Servings: 16. Serving size: 1 slice. Per serving: 456 calories, 7.18 g protein, 24.44 g fat, 49.05 g carbohydrates, 1.57 g dietary fiber, 196 mg sodium, 37.02 g sugars, 58 mg cholesterol