Betsy Kuebler | Farmers EC
8 ounces leftover pie dough scraps or 1 roll refrigerated roll-and-bake pie dough
1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick), softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
2/3 cup chopped roasted and salted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with a sheet of parchment.
- Lay pieces or unroll the pie dough onto a sheet of parchment paper, then piece together or trim to make a 9-inch square.
- Spread softened butter across pie dough. Sprinkle evenly with sugar. Sprinkle chocolate chips and chopped peanuts across entire surface.
- Roll dough into a firm log. Chill log for about 15 minutes or until firm enough to slice.
- Slice log into 1/2-inch thick rounds. Arrange rounds on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until pastries are golden. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Servings: 18. Serving size: 1 pastry. Per serving: 171 calories, 1.99 g protein, 10.70 g fat, 18.76 g carbohydrates, 1 g dietary fiber, 112 mg sodium, 10.87 g sugars, 8 mg cholesterol