Brenda Bustillos | United Cooperative Services
“Chocolate and peanuts equal a match made in heaven! These cookies are inspired by my love for dark chocolate, peanuts and peanut butter, and the delectable combination of all things sweet and salty.”
1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
2 large eggs
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon Mexican vanilla extract
1/-4 cup mini chocolate chips
2/3 cup coarsely chopped roasted and salted peanuts
1 teaspoon fresh orange zest
1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
Additional dark chocolate chips for decoration (optional)
- Melt chocolate chips, butter and peanut butter in microwave. Stir until smooth. Set mixture aside.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and baking powder. In large bowl, whisk eggs and sugar until blended. Slowly stir in the chocolate mixture and vanilla, then stir in flour mixture.
- Stir in mini chocolate chips, peanuts and orange zest. Refrigerate dough 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Scoop rounded tablespoons of dough onto ungreased baking sheet. Sprinkle each dollop lightly with sea salt.
- Bake 11 or 12 minutes or until outsides are slightly cracked. Do not overbake; the cookies will continue to bake while cooling. Cool on baking sheets for 3 minutes, then remove cookies to wire racks to cool. Cookies should be soft and gooey in center.
- Melt additional chocolate chips for a drizzle decoration, if desired.
Servings: 12. Serving size: 2 cookies. Per serving: 336 calories, 6.40 g protein, 20.14 g fat, 30.17 g carbohydrates, 4.70 g dietary fiber, 199 mg sodium, 18.82 g sugars, 34 mg cholesterol