4 cups uncooked penne pasta
2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 pound mushrooms, sliced
1 large onion, diced
16 ounces frozen shelled edamame (soybeans)
4 sundried tomatoes
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup white wine or water
1 1/4 cups vegetable broth
1 pound skinless salmon, cut into 6 strips
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add a single layer of mushrooms and onion and cook, without stirring, for about 5 minutes or until mushrooms become red-brown on one side. Flip mixture and cook about 5 minutes more, until other side is the same color.
- Add edamame and stir. Add tomatoes and sprinkle with flour and salt; stir for 3 to 4 minutes to slightly cook the flour. Pour in wine or water and broth and stir to integrate flour into the liquid. Cook until sauce thickens, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- In a separate skillet, sear salmon in remaining olive oil about 3 minutes on each side.
- Add cooked pasta to mushroom mixture and gently stir to combine. Heat until thoroughly warm and top with salmon strips to serve.
Servings: 6. Serving size: 1/6 of dish plus 1 salmon strip. Per serving: 610 calories, 31.4 g protein, 15 g fat, 72.6 g carbohydrates, 12.6 g dietary fiber, 571 mg sodium, 5.6 g sugars, 41 mg cholesterol