Arleen Acton | Pedernales EC
Bacon and a mix of beans give this sweet and smoky casserole depth of flavor and an appealing texture. This recipe can be prepared up to three days in advance and served warm or cold.
8 slices bacon
2 onions, sliced
1 can (16 ounces) baked beans, drained
1 can (16 ounces) butter beans, drained
1 can (8 ounces) lima beans, drained
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup chili sauce
3 tablespoons white vinegar
1 tablespoon mustard
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cook the bacon in a skillet until crisp, reserving 1 tablespoon of the drippings. Crumble bacon and set aside.
3. Add the onions to drippings and cook until tender and slightly browned.
4. Combine the remaining ingredients with onion and bacon and transfer to a baking dish.
5. Bake 20–30 minutes, until heated through. Serve warm or refrigerate until needed. This dish also can be served cold.