1 1/2 cups sour cream
1/2 cup orange juice
6 eggs plus 2 yolks, divided
1/4 cup margarine, softened
1 cup flour
1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 cup sugar, divided
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 carton (16 ounces) small-curd cottage cheese
1 teaspoon vanilla
8 ounces cream cheese
3 cups Texas blueberries, divided
2 tablespoons cornstarch
- In a blender or mixer, combine sour cream, orange juice, 6 eggs, margarine, flour, 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder and cinnamon. Blend well, scraping sides of bowl or blender jar occasionally.
- In a separate bowl, cream together cottage cheese, egg yolks, 1 tablespoon sugar, vanilla and cream cheese.
- Pour half of the sour cream batter into a greased 13-by-9-inch pan. Drop cottage cheese mixture by spoonsful over the batter. Spread evenly. Scatter 1 cup of blueberries evenly over top. Top with remaining batter. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 50 to 65 minutes until puffed and light golden brown.
- While soufflé is baking, combine 1 cup water with 1/2 cup sugar, cornstarch and 1 cup of blueberries. Cook over medium-high heat until sauce thickens. Stir in remaining cup of blueberries.
- Serve warm blueberry sauce over soufflé.
Servings: 8. Serving size: 1/8 of soufflé with sauce. Per serving: 544 calories, 16.4 g protein, 27.4 g fat, 51.1 g carbohydrates, 1.9 g dietary fiber, 555 mg sodium, 33.4 g sugars, 248 mg cholesterol
Kari Michalek | Pedernales EC