1 teaspoon soy sauce
2 teaspoons minced garlic, divided 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
2 portabella mushrooms, rinsed and sliced
1 large onion
1 small eggplant
2 red bell peppers
1 cup tomato puree
1 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon oregano
1 tablespoon fresh basil, julienned
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1 thin 12-inch pizza crust (store-bought or homemade)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine soy sauce, 1 teaspoon garlic, Italian seasoning and 1 tablespoon water and pour over mushrooms in a bowl. Toss to coat. Allow to marinate as you roast vegetables.
- Slice onion, eggplant and peppers in half. Remove seeds and ribs from peppers. Place vegetables face down in large baking pan and roast in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Combine puree, thyme, oregano, basil, salt and sugar in a large bowl. When vegetables are done, remove pan from oven and allow to cool enough to handle. Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees.
- When cool, chop onion and stir into puree mixture. Remove skin from eggplant and chop into 1-inch cubes. Remove skin from peppers and slice.
- Place crust on pizza pan. Spread with puree mixture. Top with eggplant and peppers. Drain any excess marinade from mushrooms and arrange them on top of pizza.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until crust turns golden brown. Remove and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Slice and serve.
Servings: 4. Serving size: 2 slices. Per serving: 79 calories, 3.4 g protein, 0.3 g fat, 17.7 g carbohydrates, 4.7 g dietary fiber, 245 mg sodium, 9.8 g sugars