Pam Kinkema | United Cooperative Services
3/4 cup butter, divided
2 cups crushed Peanut Butter Creme Oreos
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
5 blocks (8 ounces each) cream cheese, divided and at room temperature
3/4 cup heavy cream
3 1/2 teaspoons vanilla, divided
2/3 cup plus 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 tablespoon milk
2 cups powdered sugar
1 tub (16 ounces) Cool Whip
1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
Peanut butter cups candy for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- To make the crust, melt 1/4 cup butter. Line a 9-inch springform pan with heavy-duty foil. Mix crushed cookies and melted butter and press into the bottom and up sides of the pan. Bake 7 minutes, then allow to cool.
- For the cheesecake, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Combine sugar and 4 cream cheese blocks in a mixer and cream together until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, scraping bowl between each addition. Add cream and 3 teaspoons of vanilla and mix until creamy and smooth. Pour batter into prepared crust.
- Place the springform pan in a larger pan and pour boiling water into larger pan until it reaches halfway up the side of the springform pan. Bake 45 to 55 minutes until edges appear to be set. Turn off heat and allow cheesecake to stand in the cooling oven for 1 hour. Remove to a cooling rack and cool completely, then chill at least 5 hours or overnight.
- To make mousse, combine remaining cream cheese with 2/3 cup of peanut butter and milk until smooth. Slowly beat in powdered sugar then fold in Cool Whip. Spoon over cheesecake then chill at least 3 hours.
- To make glaze, combine sweetened condensed milk, 1/2 cup butter, 1/2 cup peanut butter and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla in a pan over medium heat until melted and incorporated. Use warm or store refrigerated in airtight container for up to 2 weeks. Garnish cheesecake with peanut butter cups, if desired.
Servings: 16. Serving size: 1 slice. Per serving: 820 calories, 14.7 g protein, 51.6 g fat, 67.9 g carbohydrates, 1.6 g dietary fiber, 469 mg sodium, 60.2 g sugars, 171 mg cholesterol