Chuck Burgess | Heart of Texas EC
2 1/2 cups finely ground Golden Graham cereal
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1 egg, beaten
6 ounces cherry yogurt
1/3 cup milk
1/4 cup cooking oil
3/4 cup maraschino cherries, halved
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 12-count metal muffin pan with cooking spray.
2. Combine ground cereal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar and walnuts in a medium bowl and mix well.
3. In a small bowl, mix butter, egg, yogurt, milk and oil, and stir until blended. Stir in cherries.
4. Add to flour mixture and stir until fully combined. Spoon about 1/4 cup batter evenly into each muffin cup.
5. Bake 18-20 minutes, or until muffin tops spring back when lightly touched. Cool 5 minutes and remove from pan.
Servings: 12. Serving size: 1 muffin. Per serving: 276 calories, 5.14 g protein, 13.07 g fat, 34.40 g carbohydrates, 1.75 g dietary fiber, 372 mg sodium, 20.55 g sugars, 24 mg cholesterol