Gwendolyn Savage | Lamar County EC
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup fresh corn kernels (about 2 ears)
3/4 cup fat-free milk
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 large eggs
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup applesauce
1/4 cup light sour cream
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place a 9-inch round, ovenproof glass dish (or iron skillet) in oven 10 minutes.
2. Combine flour, corn, milk, sugar and salt in a food processor or blender; process until smooth. Add eggs, pulse 5 times to combine.
3. Place butter in the preheated pan, tipping to coat the bottom and sides. Pour corn mixture into pan.
4. Bake 14 minutes or until the mixture is set and lightly browned.
5. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and cinnamon. Cut into 4 wedges and serve with applesauce and sour cream.
Servings: 4. Serving size: 1 wedge. Per serving: 279 calories, 9.92 g protein, 8.09 g fat, 42.09 g carbohydrates, 2.36 g dietary fiber, 240 mg sodium, 20.48 g sugars, 152 mg cholesterol
These may also be served with your favorite pancake syrup instead of applesauce and sour cream. My family loves these with either maple or boysenberry syrup.