R.W. Leck | Bryan Texas Utilities
“Tastes like delicious tacos without the shell.”
1 pound ground beef, lean (or ground turkey)
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 package taco seasoning mix
1 can whole kernel corn (15.25 ounces), drained 1 can tomato sauce (15 ounces)
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup sliced jalapeño peppers
2 cups baking mix
2 large eggs
1 cup milk
Sour cream, as needed
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
2. Brown the beef and onions in a large skillet. Drain well.
3. Stir the taco seasoning mix into the meat, then add the corn and the tomato sauce.
4. Spread meat mixture across the baking dish and sprinkle with cheese and jalapeño.
5. In a medium-size mixing bowl, stir together baking mix, eggs and milk. Spread over meat mixture.
6. Bake 35 minutes or until casserole appears set. Cut into squares and serve. Top each serving with sour cream.
Servings: 10. Serving size: 8 ounces. Per serving: 337 calories, 18.77 g protein, 19.17 g fat, 17.25 g carbohydrates, 1.94 g dietary fiber, 760 mg sodium, 6.13 g sugars, 106 mg cholesterol