Constance Lyons Martin | Farmers EC
“This is called Friday night pizza because there is no meat. For Christmas, we use red and green peppers.”
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 medium bell peppers, cut into strips
2 cloves garlic, minced, divided use
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper, or more to taste
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1 package frozen artichoke hearts (9 ounces), thawed and drained, or 1 jar canned artichoke hearts, drained (12 ounces)
1 prebaked pizza crust
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese, or more to taste
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Heat oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat; add bell pepper and sauté 1 minute. Add half the garlic and cook 1 additional minute. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. Place remaining garlic, mayonnaise, red and black pepper and artichoke hearts in a food processor, and pulse until finely chopped.
4. Place pizza crust on baking sheet. Spread artichoke mixture over crust, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Top with bell pepper mixture. Sprinkle with feta cheese and thyme.
5. Bake 12–15 minutes (or use instructions on prebaked crust) until crust is crisp.
Servings: 8. Serving size: 2 appetizer-size slices. Per serving: 162 calories, 7.90 g protein, 6.41 g fat, 20.14 g carbohydrates, 5.52 g dietary fiber, 300 mg sodium, 11.38 g sugars, 13 mg cholesterol
Do not use marinated artichoke hearts.