Kathy Caroland | Taylor EC
1 large jar spaghetti sauce (24 ounces)
1 pound lean ground beef, browned and drained
12 ounces regular or turkey sausage, browned and drained
Black olives, if desired
Mushrooms, if desired
Other vegetables, if desired
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup cheddar cheese
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 large eggs
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a 9-by-13-inch casserole dish.
2. Pour spaghetti sauce over the bottom of the greased casserole dish. Spread the cooked meat over the sauce.
3. Sprinkle your choice of olives, mushroom or whatever toppings you like over the meat mixture. Sprinkle cheese over meat and toppings.
4. For the crust, whisk together milk, oil, salt, flour and eggs in a mixing bowl. Pour this mixture over the meat and cheese mixture.
5. Bake 30 minutes or until a crust forms on top.
Servings: 12. Serving size: 8 ounces. Per serving: 328 calories, 25.21 g protein, 15.15 g fat, 17.66 g carbohydrates, 1.92 g dietary fiber, 773 mg sodium, 6.37 g sugars, 108 mg cholesterol