Gail Patterson | Cooke County EC
“We use ultra-thin whole wheat pizza crusts.”
16 medium raw shrimp
1 teaspoon butter
1 teaspoon olive oil
Cornmeal as needed
1 prebaked pizza crust, thin type
6 tablespoons pesto, store-bought or homemade
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
3 slices thick-cut bacon, cooked
1. Preheat oven according to directions on pizza crust package.
2. Peel, devein and remove tails from shrimp. Pat dry. Melt butter and olive oil in a pan on medium-high heat. Sauté shrimp briefly until barely pink.
3. Sprinkle cornmeal on pizza peel or pan, and place crust on top. Spread a thin layer of pesto on crust to edges. Mix together mozzarella and Parmesan cheese, and sprinkle evenly over pesto.
4. Evenly space shrimp on top of cheese layer. Roughly crumble bacon and scatter pieces evenly on top.
5. Slide pizza off peel or pan and directly onto center rack of oven. Bake according to package directions.
Servings: 8. Serving size: 1 slice. Per serving: 318 calories, 16 g protein, 17 g fat, 26 g carbohydrates, 0.19 g dietary fiber, 713 mg sodium, 0.97 g sugars, 48 mg cholesterol