Cappadona Ranch owner Victoria Cappadona makes delicious jelly, flour and even coffee from bean pods of the mesquite tree. Here’s her recipe for ribs seasoned with her Mesquite Bean Jelly and smoked with mesquite chips.
1 rack center cut beef ribs
1 tablespoon salt, or more to taste
1 tablespoon ground black pepper, or more to taste
1/2 cup mesquite wood chips
Cappadona Ranch Mesquite Bean Jelly
Directions for a gas grill:
1. Create your own smoker by wrapping wood chips in foil. Pokes several holes (about 10) with a toothpick into the foil, place on your hot gas grill and wait till it starts smoking.
2. Rinse rack of ribs and pat dry.
3. Lightly season with salt and pepper and place on grill next to smoking wood chips.
4. Grill each side 6–10 minutes, then remove from grill.
5. Cut a large square piece of foil and spread about 1/4 to 1/2 jar of Cappadona Ranch Mesquite Bean Jelly on the bottom of the foil then place your slab of ribs on top.
6. Spread the remaining jelly over the top of ribs.
7. Seal aluminum foil around the ribs making it airtight and place the ribs back on the barbecue pit at a low heat for approximately one hour.