Elizabeth John | Communications Assistant
2 packages frozen chopped spinach
4 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons flour
1 whole chopped onion
1/2 cup evaporated milk
6 ounces Jalapeño Kraft Velveeta
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
3/4 teaspoon celery salt
3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Salt to taste
Red pepper to taste
- Cook spinach according to directions on package. Drain, reserving liquid, and set aside.
- Melt butter in saucepan over low heat. Add flour, stirring until blended and smooth, but not brown.
- Add onion and cook until soft but not brown. Add evaporated milk and liquid from spinach slowly, stirring constantly to avoid lumps. Cook mixture until smooth and thick.
- Cut Velveeta into small pieces and add to mixture along with Worcestershire sauce and seasonings, stirring until melted.
- Combine with cooked spinach.
- This dish may be served immediately or put into a casserole dish, topped with buttered bread crumbs and refrigerated overnight for reheating later, which improves the flavor. Also may be frozen.
Servings: 6. Serving size: 7 ounces. Per serving: 229 calories, 10.1 g protein, 12.91 g fat, 13.44 g carbohydrates, 3.28 g dietary fiber, 1,109 mg sodium, 4.09 g sugars, 49 mg cholesterol